SLIDELL SCROLLS: CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I have three words for y'all this week:


Expect the unexpected. 

It's funny, sometimes I think we forget that this is mortality, although we have agency, we can in no wise frustrate the purposes of God. A lesson learned from this week: never try and predict revelation. Transfers are a completely different game than march madness brackets- you can't expect to predict the championship when the game is in God's court. Get your brackets ready ladies and gentleman, cause we've got an upset on our hands... in SLIDELL SCROLLS: CHAPTER EIGHTEEN. 

AND THE NUMBER TWO SEED GETS KICKED OUT IN THE SECOND ROUND. Yes, that's right, after a long anticipated shoe-in for the championship title... Elder Cox has been defeated after his second transfer. In other words, West Monroe Louisiana is about to get substantially more legendary. And in the biggest shocker of 2k18- Elder Boyd is still kicking after three rounds in the promised land. And to join him in pursuit of the title, two rookies and another veteran have been recruited as members of the promised team. And by rookies, I mean trainees. Yessiree, the delivery room is ready, because another son is in the making. I am now training, again, in Slidell as the new District leader, in a new quad-ship with ANOTHER trainee and a great Elder. Although I feel like the LEAST qualified person to take on a task such as this, I am forever thankful to a God who likes to work with the weak things of the world... and grateful for the opportunity to be trained myself, once again. Dang, God is certainly quite the merciful guy, giving me all these opportunities to improve and repent. :) Here's to another six weeks in training!

And now, in great honor of a great human being... 

An homage to my firstborn in the wilderness... Elder Cox. 

Elder Cox. Slowly but surely, I realized the ultimate paradox of training... Truly the trainer, in time, becomes the trainee. The life lessons that I have learned from this great man, will forever be ingrained into my character. Not only have I been privileged to watch his development and growth into the amazing missionary he is today, but in turn, through him, I have experienced quite the needed change myself. A stellar teacher and an incredible gentleman, Elder Cox will change this mission, like he has changed my life. Guaranteed. The best companionships are those of best friends- and I can say with all my heart, that Elder Cox is a true homie. The most confident man I've ever met.... has surely become one of my best friends. Wherever he goes, the people will be blessed with the best. He has helped me become the missionary and man that I am today. This father couldn't be prouder. Thank you, Elder Cox, for a blessed two transfers. Be sober my son. farewell. God bless West Monroe. 

I'm excited to continue to work in the promised land- but Elder Cox will certainly be missed! 

The biggest miracle of this week came in the fellowship we found with some of the adorable children we are teaching. 

The ultimate way to fellowship children is to get them involved in the primary program.

We saw an insane conversion in their attitude towards the Gospel after this last Sunday. You know you're best friends when you have a handshake together. I'm pretty sure that is a universally understood, pivotal point in one's friendship. Elder Cox and I are happy to report, that three handshakes later... these sweet children are now on date for baptism! It has been such a wonderfully humbling experience to learn enough Spanish to teach them- and to truly understand why God loves little children so much. Can you blame him? Enthusiasm, willingness, and love make kiddos the most golden investigators. We are so blessed to work with the best- see attached photos for cuteness overload... 

Well y'all, I can't believe we've made it this far, but it looks like our library of scrolls shall continue! It has been an utmost pleasure to rub shoulders with such great men... and I anticipate the wonderful adventures ahead! Life lesson learned- NEVER try to outsmart God. West Monroe is seriously lucky, and we continue to be blessed here in Slidell. HOPE Y'ALL HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK! STAY TUNED FOR MANY MORE MIRACLES! ELDER BOYD LOVES Y'ALL!

With the unexpected now expected,

Elder Boyd

This Week's Pics & Videos




































No comments:

Post a Comment